Your desktop icons may be hidden. To view them, right-click the desktop, select View, and then select Show desktop icons. To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more: Select the Start button, and then select Settings Personalization Themes. Under Themes Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings. This term ‘Show Bet’ is unique to North America. In most of the rest of the world there is a simple choice between a win bet and a place bet. In North America, the Place Bet means to be placed just 1st or 2nd only while the Show Bet means to be placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The North American Tote betting system will give different dividends for each horse that finishes in the first three: The winning horse: The winning horse will get a Win Dividend, a Place Dividend and a Show.
What is a Win and Place Bet?
- The Tote Win and Place are our most straightforward bets. With a Tote Win bet, you pick a horse to win an individual race. With our Place pools, your horse just needs to place for you to see a return.
- Quite often, our customers will place half their stake on a Win bet and half on the Place pool to have an “each-way” bet.
- You can place a Win bet on any race with two or more runners, but a Place bet requires at least five, unless otherwise stated.
- The minimum total stake for a Win/Place bet is £0.50p.
Winning a Tote Win/Place Bet
To win a Tote Win bet, your horse just has to finish first. Winning a Tote Place bet depends on how many runners there are in a race:
- If there are between 5 and 7 runners, your horse must finish 1st or 2nd
- If there are between 8 and 15 runners, your horse must finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd
- If the race is not a handicap and has 16 or more runners, your horse must finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd
- If the race is a handicap and has 16 or more runners, your horse must finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd of 4th
How to place a Tote Win/Place bet online
Placing a Win/Place bet is really simple. Just head to the homepage and click on the race time that you'd like to bet on.
Once you've clicked on the race, you'll be taken to the card where you'll be able to view all of the runners and riders. Click on the Tote Win icon next to the horse you want to bet on to add to your bet slip. You'll get a notification once your selection has been added.
Click on your bet slip and you'll see your selection added to the bet slip. To bet on your selection to win, just add your stake to the Tote Win bet field and click Place Bet.
To have an each-way bet, click on the EW icon. This will add a bet of the same value to your slip on the Tote Place market.
If you'd just like to bet on your horse to place, make sure each-way is deselected and enter your stake into the Tote Place field. Lucky win lottery.
How to place a Win/Place bet on course
Once you’ve decided which horse to bet on, just head to one of our kiosks.
Tell one of our staff either the name of the horse or their race card number, how much you want to bet on the horse.
Make sure you tell our staff if you want to back the horse to win or each-way and always check your bet slip before you leave the counter.
Calculating your potential winnings on Tote Win bets
You can get an idea of how much your selection will pay from the current dividend guide. This number is what the pool would payout at the time of placing the bet. This is just a guide, however, and the guide price can change.
What Is Win Place Show
If your horse wins, the returns are calculated by dividing the pool after Tote’s deductions by the number of winning units. £1 is equal to one unit and you’ll be paid out in proportion to your stake.
Horse Betting Win Place Show
The good news is that with the new Tote Guarantee, we’ll never pay out less than SP. If the pool pays more, you’ll always get the bigger price.