The #FreeBritney movement has been brought to the world's attention raising many questions and concerns - but what's clear is that she is someone to celebrate for revolutionizing the entertainment industry and bringing many fans all over the world so much joy. To honor the pop-sta. JOHN Mayer admitted to “almost crying five times” while watching the “mistreatment” of Britney Spears in her new documentary. Though he was sincere, the Your Body Is A Wonderland crooner.
Toxic masculinity is one of the ways in which Patriarchy is harmful to men. It refers to the socially-constructed attitudes that describe the masculine gender role as violent, unemotional, sexually aggressive, and so forth.
A well-known masculinity/men's rights movement that is not mostly anti-feminist has yet to appear. For a silencing tactic used to discredit patriarchy's harm to people who are not men, see Patriarchy hurts men too.
Toxic Woman Of Riverside
- The pervasive idea of male-female interactions as competition, not cooperation.
- The pervasive idea that men cannot truly understand women, and vice versa--and following, that no true companionship can be had between different sexes.
- The expectation that Real Men are strong, and that showing emotion is incompatible with being strong. Anger is either framed as the exception to the rule, or as not an emotion.
- Relatedly, the idea that a Real Man cannot be a victim of abuse, or that talking about it is shameful.
- Men are just like that: the expectation that Real Men are keenly interested in sex, want to have sex, and are ready to have sex most if not all times
- The idea that Real Men should be prepared to be violent, even when it is not called for.
- For example, a common response to women's tales of experiencing street harassment is for a man who's listening to say, 'If I was there, I would have punched [the harasser].' This is problematic .
- Discussed at length in a blog entry Male Protagonist Bingo: A study in cliches
- Though not reinforced much in fictional media, in real life it is widely expected that a man would abandon his pregnant girlfriend, being incapable and/or unwilling to take responsibility, feeling little to no attachment to an unborn child, and expecting pregnancy and motherhood to not only change but ruin the girlfriend and the relationship.
- The myth that men are not interested in parenting, and are inherently unsuited to be single parents.
- discourages men from becoming involved in the lives of their children.
- encourages household inequality, which hurts all involved.
- assumes that in case of divorce, children will go with their mothers, instead of examining each situation individually.
- Emasculation: the idea that there is a range of feminine interests and activities a Real Man would not hold, and that disprove a man's masculinity regardless of his other actions:
- interest in one's personal looks, cosmetics, dressing up, fashion
- being emotional, expressing emotion, crying
- appreciating 'frivolous' things such as sugary 'girly' drinks, romantic styles, cute animal videos, romcom flicks
- understanding women, being sympathetic
- being silly, giddy
- needing help, not-knowing
- and so on.
- ↑The German have a group of informal compound words for 'wimp': Schattenparker ('one who parks their car in the shadow'), Sockenschläfer ('..sleeps with socks on'), Handschuhschneeballwerfer ('..wears gloves when making snowballs'), Warmduscher ('..uses warm water when showering') and Frauenversteher ('..understands women'). These are used in contexts that imply decisive lack of guts, but the words themselves 'humorously' imply that anything less than weapons grade machismo would indicate a decisive lack of guts.
Toxic Girl Bingo Card
In Wonder Women Bingo, this fun bingo game for kids you can fill your game card with inspiring women from across the world and across history!
Team up with Greta Thunberg, Simone Biles, Amelia Earhart and Serena Williams for a bingo line, or fill your card with Valentina Tereshkova, Malala Yousafzai, Emmeline Pankhurst and more for BINGO!
Wonder Women Bingo contains 48 illustrated chips, game board, eight double-sided bingo cards, counters for you to mark up your card and an illustrated booklet with short bios about each of these inspirational women.
• An easy-to-play bingo game for children and families
• Features 48 inspiring women from all over the world Triton free slots.
• Includes 8 double-sided game boards so can be played many times over by up to eight players