Rapper French Montana has doubled his money after placing a $250,000 bet on American football superstar Tom Brady leading the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to Super Bowl victory. The “Unforgettable. Someone really bet $2.3 million on the Buccaneers covering in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs.
- How To Bet On The Super Bowl Fanduel
- How To Bet The Super Bowl Online
- How To Bet In The Super Bowl Winner
- How To Get In The Super Bowl Lottery
- How To Bet On The Super Bowl 2020 Legally
- How To Bet On The Super Bowl Game
Super Bowl LV is two days away.
Pennsylvania is now home to 13 sports betting apps which are filled with hundreds of ways to bet on the big game.
Let’s go into a “two-minute drill” and get to the good stuff – the promos (for new users and for current ones), the props, and some of the betting markets that you might have missed at first glance.
Super Bowl 55 details:
- Kansas City Chiefs (1) (AFC) (14–2) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5) (NFC) (11–5)
- Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m. EST
- Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Latest Super Bowl 55 odds at PA sportsbooks
Opening lines for Super Bowl LV put the Chiefs as 3-point favorites with the total points at 56. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is the favorite to win Super Bowl MVP.
Here are updated Super Bowl odds in PA:
New user promotions at PA online sportsbooks for Super Bowl LV
- Risk-free first bet up to $600.
- Bet $1, win $100 if the team you bet on wins the Super Bowl
- Bet $1, win $100 if Tom Brady throws a touchdown
- Place a $25 one-game parlay wager on the Super Bowl and receive a $10 free bet (for all users)
- Big game no-brainer: Double your money if a TD is scored in Super Bowl LV. Make a deposit of $5 and you will be given a single use odds boost for any team to score a TD. Max bet $50.
- Deposit bonus: Get a 20% deposit bonus up to $1000.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl Fanduel
- Big game odds boost: Bet $5 to win $275. Download FanDuel and make your first deposit (min. $10). Place your first bet on the Chiefs vs. Buccaneers moneyline.
- Receive a 100% bonus match on your first deposit up to $300.
- Big game bundle welcome offer: Get 2x $250 risk free bets, $20 in free bets, and a $21 free live bet. Your first two bets after depositing will qualify.
Current user promos at PA online sportsbooks for Super Bowl LV
- Bet $25 and get a $10 free bet: Opt in and place a $25 one game parlay wager and get a $10 free bet
- Big game profit boost: Boost your profits 25% on featured Super Bowl LV props like total points (odd even), either team to have a successful two-point conversion, first team to score, Mahomes to throw 3+ pass TDs and Chiefs win, Brady to throw 3+ pass TDs and Buccaneers win.
- Big game live bet boost: Get a 25% live profit boost to use for a live bet during Super Bowl LV. Max bet $25.
- Same game parlay insurance: Place a same game parlay of at least three legs on the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If you hit all legs except one, get $25 back in site credit.
- Big Game Bingo: Claim your free card that has 24 Super Bowl LV props and a free square in the center. The card automatically marks the square for every prop that hits. Tap BINGO to win. All you have to do is call BINGO when you fill 5 squares in a row to see if you win. (full list of rules and prize payout listed on app)
- $21 free: $21 free live bet during Super Bowl LV
- Touchdown bonus: Get a $1 bonus for every point your team scores
- Super Sized Sunday: Bet the spread and get a $2 casino bonus for every touchdown.
- QB touchdown bonus: Get $6 in a free bet for every touchdown your QB throws
- Blackjack boost: Get a $10 bonus when you play Eagles Blackjack and wager $100 or more.
Super Bowl LV props and novelty betting
There are hundreds of Super Bowl LV betting markets at PA online sportsbooks.
The most popular are point spread, moneyline, and total points.
If you want to see what betting markets are “popular” at a sports betting app, just tap on the game and the markets are listed.
How To Bet The Super Bowl Online
Here are some betting markets that are getting the attention of bettors:
- Coin toss outcome
- First play
- TD scorer
- Passing yards
- TD passes
- Rushing yards
- Alternate spread
- Tom Brady passing yards
- Patrick Mahomes passing yards
Novelty Super Bowl props
Novelty props are an additional option for bettors. At regulated sportsbooks you will not find action on things like “what kind of mask will Andy Reid wear” and “what team will Biden pick to win.”
Super Bowl prop bets available in PA:
- Coin toss
- Coin toss outcome
- Coin toss winner
- Player to correctly call opening kick off coin toss
- To win coin toss and game
- First play
- Trick play specials
- Score specials
- Fat man TD
- First drive
- Doink Special (any field goal or extra point to hit uprights or crossbar)
- Kickoff specials
- Super Bowl specials
- Jersey number props
Sorry, Pennsylvania Super Bowl bettors. Betting on what color Gatorade will be poured on the winning coach is not permitted in PA. However, you can wager on it in New Jersey.
Someone tell Grandpa Simpson the Super Bowl made it
In a Season 7 episode of The Simpsons, there is a flashback to Abe Simpson (Grandpa Simpson) watching Super Bowl III. His wife, Mona, came to talk to him but he wasn’t having it.
Well, Grandpa Simpson, the Super Bowl has “made it.”
23.2 million Americans plan to bet a total of $4.3 billion on this year’s Super Bowl according to new American Gaming Association (AGA) research. Neteller referral.
A record 7.6 million will bet with online sportsbooks this year, up 63% year-over-year. For Pennsylvania, it will be the second Super Bowl that bettors will be able to wager on sports betting apps.
“This year’s Super Bowl is expected to generate the largest single-event legal handle in American sports betting history,” said AGA President and CEO Bill Miller. “With a robust legal market, Americans are abandoning illegal bookies and taking their action into the regulated marketplace in record numbers.”
“Fun” Super Bowl bets
In the festive spirit of the Super Bowl holiday, here are some “fun” prop bets.
- Buccaneers to score 3+ points in each quarter +170
- Chiefs and Buccaneers to both score 28+ points +225
- Tyreek Hill to record 80+ receiving yards and to score 1+ TDs +150
- Position of Super Bowl MVP: Offense (-1200)/Defense (+750)
Cross game match bet, which will be higher?
- Tom Brady passing TDs (+100) or Claude Giroux shots vs. Boston Bruins on Feb. 5 (-120)
Cross game match bet, which will be higher?
- Mahomes rushing yards (-125) or Total Bundesliga goals on Feb. 6 (+105)
- Dave Weaver Super Bowl Prop: Any QB to throw for 6+ TDs (Yes +1000/No -3000)
- Will there be a scorigami (unique final score in NFL history): Yes +1100/No -1400
- Total interceptions: Over 1.5 (+120)/Under 1.5 (-155)
- 100+ Receiving yards and win: Tyreek Hill (Yes +200); Jason Kelce (Yes +190)
- Total number of players to have a pass attempt (Over 2.5 +170/Under 2.5 -22)
- Either team to be shut out (+5000)
- Either team to score a special teams touchdown (Yes +550/No -910)
Gronkowski 69 “special”:
- DraftKings: Gronkowski to record 69+ receiving yards boosted from (+300) to +330
- Barstool Sportsbook: Gronkowski to record 69+ receiving yards and score a TD boosted from (+650) to +690
Eagles and Steelers betting
The two PA “home” teams aren’t in the big game but it doesn’t mean there isn’t a way to bet on them.
Next year’s odds for the Super Bowl, AFC winner, and NFC winner are posted at PA sports betting apps.
The Pittsburgh Steelers started out 11-0 which historically meant a trip to the Super Bowl seemed like a sure bet. Since 1970, nine of the eleven teams that started with 11-0 made it Super Bowl. However, the Steelers sputtered and their season ended with a 48-37 loss in the Wild Card Round to the Cleveland Browns.
Pittsburgh Steelers 2021-22 odds
- Super Bowl LVI (2022): +3000
- AFC winner: +1400
The Philadelphia Eagles may steal some Super Bowl headlines if they decide to trade quarterback Carson Wentz this weekend. The word on Wentz from “blue-check” sources:
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter said Wednesday that Wentz “wants to leave the franchise.”
- NFL.com reported that teams have been calling the Eagles about a potential trade for Wentz.
Philadelphia Eagles 2021-22 odds
- Super Bowl LVI (2022): +5000
- NFC winner: +2500
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Jeff Bottari
How To Bet In The Super Bowl Winner
More people than ever will have access to betting the Super Bowl this season.
That will be the case each of the next few years, as more states add legal sports betting. With the proliferation of apps for betting and a fun matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs, the amount bet on Super Bowl LV could be staggering. There has already been a $2.3 million bet on the Buccaneers at BetMGM.
Betting on the Super Bowl is unlike any other event. There’s only one game but it has more interest than any other. That’s why, 35 years ago, the first Super Bowl prop was offered on whether Bears defensive tackle William “The Refrigerator” Perry would score in Super Bowl XX (he did). For Super Bowl LV, you’d probably miss kickoff just counting all the props that are offered.
The Super Bowl is a holiday for serious bettors and casual ones alike. Here are some tips on how to bet on the biggest game of the year:
Who is favored in Super Bowl LV?
The Kansas City Chiefs are 3.5-point favorites at BetMGM. That means if Kansas City wins by 4 points or more, Chiefs bets are winners. If Tampa Bay wins, or loses by 3 or fewer points, Buccaneers bettors will be happy.
The line has changed a little bit, and could again. When sportsbooks take a large bet, a wager from a respected bettor or a large volume of bets on one team, they will move the line to entice action on the other team. Sportsbooks don’t want too much action on one team, preferring a more even split. That’s why the Super Bowl line has bounced around.
It opened at Chiefs -3.5, then some Buccaneers bets moved it to -3. A majority of bets have been on the Chiefs (about 80 percent of the money bet on the point spread before the $2.3 million Bucs bet was on Kansas City), and that led BetMGM to move it back to -3.5. The line could move without any notice all the way up until kickoff.
How To Get In The Super Bowl Lottery© Provided by Yahoo! Sports Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is one of the two favorites to win Super Bowl MVP. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Who should I bet on?
First of all, don’t trust anyone who says they have a lock. There is no such thing.
If you believe in Tom Brady’s history in Super Bowls and want to bet on the Buccaneers +3.5, it’s justified. Maybe you watched Patrick Mahomes dominate in the AFC championship game and think the Chiefs will beat the Buccaneers by four points or more. Plenty of bettors agree with that side.
The truth is, you can find stats and trends to back up either side. It’s the Super Bowl; both teams have played very well to get to this point. Do your research and trust your pick.
OK, but are there any key trends that stand out?
The Chiefs had a weird season from a betting aspect. From Nov. 1 to the divisional round, the Chiefs didn’t win a game by more than six points and didn’t cover the spread once, even though they won all but one game straight up in that time. It’s rare to see a good team like the Chiefs fail to cover the spread nine times in a row, though they did cover against the Buffalo Bills last week in the AFC title game.
Against the spread records aren’t necessarily predictive. But for those who think the Chiefs will roll to a big win, it’s a reminder that such things aren’t so easy in the NFL.
What is the over/under?
A lot of points are expected to be scored in this game. The over/under (which is the combined amount of points scored for both teams) is 56.5 at MGM. The highest over/under in Super Bowl history is 57. Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes each had good seasons, and it’s no surprise there’s a large total for the game.
Aside from the point spread, the over/under is the second-most popular bet in most games. Recreational bettors generally prefer wagering on the over. It’s more fun to root for points to be scored, in any sport.
Should I bet the moneyline instead?
For some, the point spread is frustrating. Betting on the Chiefs -3.5 and watching them win 27-24, failing to cover the spread, isn’t a fun way to end the NFL season.
You don’t have to bet on the point spread. You can take either team to win straight up on the moneyline. The moneyline for the Chiefs is -175, meaning a bettor would win $100 on a $175 bet. For the underdog Buccaneers, it’s +150, turning a $100 bet into a $150 profit. It wouldn’t matter how much either team wins by, just that they win.
Got it. Now how about those props?
The props that get the most attention are the novelty ones. There are cross-sport props, in which you can bet a superstar NBA player’s point total on Super Bowl Sunday vs. the amount of points the Chiefs score, for one example. You can bet on which team will throw the challenge flag first, the position of Super Bowl MVP, who will record an interception, and many, many more. Some books offer props on the color of the Gatorade the winning coach will get splashed with.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl 2020 Legally
One odd prop that has become popular is the pregame coin toss. That’s right, you can bet heads or tails. A slight majority of bets has come in tails, which according to sources never fails.
Are all props weird ones like the coin flip?
While the novelty props get a lot of attention, there are many conventional prop bets. At BetMGM, you can bet over or under on Patrick Mahomes passing yards (329.5) or Tom Brady passing yards (300.5). There’s also an over/under bet for Brady’s rushing yards, set at 0.5. If Brady runs for a single yard, the bet wins (and the over has +150 odds, meaning a $100 bet would earn a $150 profit if Brady runs for at least one yard).
There are also bets on which players will have 100 yards rushing or 100 yards receiving, how many passing touchdowns Mahomes or Brady will throw for, and dozens of others. Bets like these make every play and every yard important.
What is the most popular prop bet?
Year after year, the player to score the first touchdown is the most popular prop. And every year, the players that get the most bets are the two starting quarterbacks.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl Game
It cost BetMGM last year. Patrick Mahomes started at 21-to-1 to score the first touchdown, and that line moved to 12-to-1 when a lot of bets came in on him. Mahomes scored the first touchdown of Super Bowl LIV, making a lot of bettors happy.
Can I bet on Super Bowl MVP?
Super Bowl MVP betting has become very popular since it was first allowed in Nevada for Super Bowl 50 five years ago. The quarterbacks are usually the favorites, and Patrick Mahomes (+100 odds) and Tom Brady (+200) are favored for Super Bowl LV. About half of the money bet on Super Bowl MVP has been on Mahomes. At BetMGM, there are Super Bowl MVP odds for 57 players.
What if my team isn’t in the Super Bowl?
There’s always next season, and BetMGM has already posted odds on Super Bowl LVI.
More from Yahoo Sports: