The MS Radiance of the Seas has a Vegas-style casino that is an impressive 6,459 square foot with 188 slots and 11 tables.
Cruise ships are a great place for players top enjoy some gambling while they are on a relaxing vacation at sea. With many of the leading cruise lines offering ships that have full casinos, players who enjoy the thrills of blackjack will find great games that can be played. The main difference between playing on a cruise ship as opposed to a land casino is the limitation of game variations. Since there is smaller floor space available, most cruise ships will only offer a single variation of blackjack, though there may be a few that have two or more variations depending on the size of the casino.
Casino tournaments offer you not just the chance to win, but to win big. You know to show off a little. If you have a go-to game, we’ve got your chance to get to the top of the leaderboard. At our onboard slots, poker and blackjack tournaments, the high-fives — not to mention the cash prizes —. Casino Tournaments: Slot Tournaments, Black Jack & More Celebrity Cruises Meta Description: Experience the sophisticated ambiance and captivating atmosphere of Fortunes Casino on a luxury cruise vacation. Join the thrilling casino tournaments and slot tournaments as you make your way to the most amazing destinations. Book your casino cruise today. Serenity Under the Stars: Carnival's outdoor adults-only retreat is transformed into a South Beach-style club under the stars, featured on cruises six days and longer. Full Gambling Casino Gaming: Blackjack, Dice/Craps, Roulette, Texas Hold ‘Em (electronic dealer), Caribbean Stud. Best of episode originally aired January 18, 2017: Mark Normand and Greg Stone in studio to discuss bad places to raise children and drunken voicemails. Later in the show they talk about working in fast food. 286 Doug Stanhope in studio, and he's been drinking! They discuss threesome stories and the impractical jokers cruise.
Cruise ship casinos open their gaming tables the moment the ship is three miles offshore, in international waters. Gamblers will find that he betting options on a cruise ship are relatively low, so high rollers may not be interested in betting. However, for the casual blackjack player, these cruise casinos offer a great way to enjoy some gabling action while on vacation. There are even themed cruises, where the focus is on gambling and these can offer more game variations and even tournaments that can be played aboard.
Best Cruises for Gambling & Blackjack
Blackjack fans will want to make sure their selected cruise ship offers the game and below are the most popular ships for those that enjoy the thrills of blackjack.
Radiance of the Seas – Royal Caribbean
Destinations: Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Transpacific, Hawaii
- Single and eight deck blackjack offered with a $5 minimum on both tables.
- Cruise offers blackjack tournaments.
Voyager of the Seas – Royal Caribbean
Destinations: Asia, Australia/New Zealand
- 6 blackjack tables offered, 2 with single deck games.
- Small table limits, between $3 and $6. Two tables offer higher bets, ranging from $25 to $300 per hand.
Carnival Fantasy – Carnival
Destinations: Bahamas, Caribbean
- Multiple blackjack tables with variations such as Face Up and Fun 21.
- Low game minimums for casual players with some higher limits up to $300 per hand.
Norwegian Jewel – Norwegian
Destinations: Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coastal
- 9 multi-deck blackjack tables with $5 minimums.
- One table offered for high rollers for bets from $100 to $2000.
Norwegian Dawn – Norwegian
Destinations: Bermuda, Canada, New England, Caribbean
- Multiple tables with eight deck games and side bets, like Lucky Ladies and Wheel of Madness.
- High roller table reserved with minimums of $100.
Five Important Tips for Playing on a Casino Cruise
Playing casino games on a cruise ship is not much different from playing at a land casino, but there are some slight differences to prepare for when sailing. The following tips will get gamblers ready for their onboard blackjack experience.
1. Plan gambling around the complete cruise itinerary. Always remember that all cruise ship casinos are closed when the boat is in port. There are some exceptions, such as in Bermuda and Nassau.
Carnival Cruise Blackjack Tournament 2018
2. The casino will be open when in international waters, so those eager to play just have to wait for the boat to be between 3 and 12 nautical miles from shore.
Carnival Cruise Blackjack Tournament 2018 Leaderboard
3. Be ready to deal with smokers. Most of the cruise ships that offer a casino will have designated smoking areas and if the casino is small, smoking may be allowed everywhere in the casino. There may be some exceptions to cigar smoking.
4. Most casino games on a cruise ship are played by casual players. There are seldom card sharks or professional players on board, so prepare for a casual and relaxing experience at the tables.
5. Watch for themed cruises where a major focus is on gambling. These are the cruises that will offer blackjack tournaments and special events throughout the cruise that will make onboard gambling even more exciting and rewarding.
Carnival Cruise Blackjack Tournament 2018 2019
I'm only 22, when I turned 21 I went to Vegas for spring break which was like 3 days after my birthday. I practiced Ken's practice game for about a month before going and walked out of Vegas +$400. I realize this is probably very lucky but I would like to play some blackjack while at sea without getting ripped by the rules.