On This Page
- Card Counting Strategy Card counting is perhaps one of the most known forms of blackjack strategy card. So popular is Blackjack card counting that it’s banned across most of the land-based casinos across the world. The majority of people, especially the newbies, believe that it’s sophisticated.
- Once you improve with your strategy you might want to go ahead and learn the real deal of Black Jack card counting.
Jul 24, 2015 Blackjack strategy cards are small laminated cards, usually credit card sized, that contain the basic strategy charts. Most casinos will allow you to keep these cards with you for reference at the tables while playing. These cards can be extremely handy when you're first trying to learn and memorize basic strategy.
To use the basic strategy, look up your hand along the left vertical edge and the dealer's up card along the top. In both cases an A stands for ace. From top to bottom are the hard totals, soft totals, and splittable hands. There are two charts depending on whether the dealer hits or stands on soft 17.
Other basic strategy rules.
- Never take insurance or 'even money.'
- If there is no row for splitting (fives and tens), then look up your hand as a hard total (10 or 20).
- If you can't split because of a limit on re-splitting, then look up your hand as a hard total, except aces. In the extremely unlikely event you have a pair of aces you can't re-split and drawing to split aces is allowed, then double against a 6, otherwise hit.
Blackjack Basic Strategy Card
If you play a mixture of six-deck games, some where the dealer hits a soft 17, and some where he stands, and you only wish to memorize one strategy, I would recommend you memorize the one where the dealer stands on soft 17. The cost in errors due to playing the wrong strategy is 2.3 times higher playing a stand on soft 17 game, with the hit on 17 strategy, than vise versa.
Basic Strategy in Text
For the benefit of my blind readers, here is the above strategy in text form, when the dealer stands on soft 17 and surrender is allowed. To use the strategy, start at the top, and follow the first rule that applies.
Earn cash rewards by listening to free music while working out, while at work, or just charge your phone. Earn cash rewards by listening to our offline free music player & free radio while driving. Make money by listening to a free music player while playing games. Earn cash money rewards 24/7! Earn Cash Money. Yes you can earn money by making Android apps and games. In fact, there are many ways to create a free android game without any coding. This way you can earn money with your games without. This our Cash Money is a trusted Indian app on the Android store and many of happy user are using this app daily. Spend Less than 15 mins a day and earn paytm cash online from Earn Money app. You can easily EARN 1200 to 1500 or $15 to $20 per Day from this app. Play Games & Earn Money, Watch Videos 7 Earn Money. Earn money by playing games on Android and iOS devices. There are plenty of ways to potentially win money with the help of money game apps. It is genuinely possible for anyone to play games and earn money.
- Surrender hard 16 (but not a pair of 8s) vs. dealer 9, 10, or A, and hard 15 vs. dealer 10.
- Always split aces and 8s.
- Never split 5s and 10s.
- Split 2s and 3s against a dealer 4-7, and against a 2 or 3 if DAS is allowed.
- Split 4s only if DAS is allowed and the dealer shows a 5 or 6.
- Split 6s against a dealer 3-6, and against a 2 if DAS is allowed.
- Split 7s against a dealer 2-7.
- Split 9s against a dealer 2-6 or 8-9.
How To Play Blackjack
- Double hard 9 vs. dealer 3-6.
- Double hard 10 except against a dealer 10 or A.
- Double hard 11 except against a dealer A.
- Double soft 13 or 14 vs. dealer 5-6.
- Double soft 15 or 16 vs. dealer 4-6.
- Double soft 17 or 18 vs. dealer 3-6.
Hit or Stand
Black Strategy Card To Print
- Always hit hard 11 or less.
- Stand on hard 12 against a dealer 4-6, otherwise hit.
- Stand on hard 13-16 against a dealer 2-6, otherwise hit.
- Always stand on hard 17 or more.
- Always hit soft 17 or less.
- Stand on soft 18 except hit against a dealer 9, 10, or A.
- Always stand on soft 19 or more.
As I've said many times, the above strategy will be fine under any set of rules. However, for you perfectionists out there, here are the modifications to make if the dealer hits a soft 17.
- Surrender 15, a pair of 8s, and 17 vs. dealer A.
- Double 11 vs. dealer A.
- Double soft 18 vs. dealer 2.
- Double soft 19 vs. dealer 6.
My thanks to Kelly for putting together the above text strategy.
Written by:Michael Shackleford